Google AdWords announced that demographics targeting is now available to all advertisers. Google has been testing this feature for over two years now and relaunched the test recently without comScore data, although you can still use demographic targeting with comScore data under placement targeted ads.
Google gives you step by step instructions on how to set up demographic bidding, but I have yet to see the option under the "Advanced Options" section after clicking on "Edit Campaign Settings" on any of my campaigns. Here is a screen capture to prove it:
Here are the instructions:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Select the name of the campaign you want to edit.
- Click Edit Campaign Settings.
- Find the Advanced Options section of the campaign settings page. Next to the heading Demographics, click Modify bids.
- If this is the first time you've made demographic bids, you'll see a page with details on demographic bidding. After reviewing the page, click Get Started. (If you have edited your bids before, you'll be taken directly to the next page.)
- On the demographic bidding page, find the gender or age group (such as 25-34) for which you want to adjust your bid.
- In the Make Adjustments column for that demographic group, click Edit.
- A separate box will open. Click the check box marked Exclude this demographic.
- Click Apply Changes.
If it is live, why don't I see it?
Forum discussion at DigitalPoint Forums.