Today, the Search Engine Roundtable is four years old. That is right, we have been writing about search engines, search engine optimization, ppc, spam, contextual and more for four whole years now!
What makes us unique has remained true to this site time and time again. We are consistently covering stories, news, trends, SEO & PPC techniques that are popular with the search marketing industry. Without the search industry and the forums the industry participates in, this site would not be what it is today. So thank you all for that!
Here are some stats to share with you, so you know what we have been doing over the past four years:
- Published over 6,500 stories
- With about 10,000 comments (note, a server crash deleted all comments from January 2005 and earlier)
- Over 1,500 new articles this past year alone
- We undergone three, different design changes over the four years
- We have won dozens of awards over the years
- Received gracious testimonials from industry experts and search engine representatives
- We have awesome & dedicated supporters who keep this blog going
- Our authors are top notch
This means an incredible amount to me personally. Over the past four years I have dedicated myself to writing over 5,000 articles here, so it is a lot of work. It honestly feels a lot longer than four years, but I enjoy it.
Here are our top stories (I am missing data from September) for the past year:
- Google Maps: Invading Your Privacy? (Not Anymore!)
- Google Earth - Free Download
- Getting Access to Gmail Accounts of the Deceased
- Screen Captures of the New Google News Results in Action
- A Look at Google Gears Working with Google Reader
- Google Sending Out More Google Coolers To AdWords Advertisers
- First Screen Shots Of Google Pay Per Action In Action
- Google's April Fools Jokes?
- Search Engine Demographics: Women Prefer Yahoo, Men Prefer Google
- A Serious Google Maps Bug
Want more stats? Sure, how about a run down of the top topics we write about. Here is a break down of the number of articles we wrote by category - showing the top ten categories only:
- Google Optimization with 714
- Other Google Topics with 586
- Google AdSense with 549
- Google AdWords with 520
- Google Search Engine with 418
- Search Engine Optimization with 331
- Microsoft MSN Search with 299
- Google News & Press with 279
- Link Building with 203
- SEO Forum News with 203
All together we average just about 6 posts per workday!
I would also like to wish a happy birthday to Search Engine Land, who is now celebrating its first birthday. The site has come a long way in just one year, check out Danny's write up on those achievements. Wow, I wrote over 1,250 articles in a year just over at Search Engine Land - that is over 40% of the articles at Search Engine Land. Happy birthday Search Engine Land (Readers, Team and Sponsors).
To sign off properly...
Forum discussion at the Search Engine Roundtable Forums.