Can you believe it, this post is my 5,000th article here at the Search Engine Roundtable. I started writing here on December 2nd, 2003 - just under four years ago - and have kept up with it since.
On average, I have written just about 5 posts per work-day. There are times where I have written on weekends or holidays, which skew the data slightly to show 4.7519 posts per day where I have written any posts. In fact, you can see at any time throughout the day, the number of articles our authors have written in real time. Tamar, has already written 695 articles in just about 6 months so far!
In any event, how does my article writing break down by category? Since we have dozens of categories, I will show you the top 20 categories by article count:
- Google Optimization with 598
- Google AdSense with 469
- Other Google Topics with 431
- Google AdWords with 405
- Google Search Engine with 317
- Microsoft MSN Search with 255
- Google News & Press with 229
- Search Engine Optimization with 222
- Yahoo! Search Optimization with 189
- Ask.com with 184
- SEO Forum News with 180
- Blog Administration with 172
- Link Building with 163
- Yahoo! Search Engine with 149
- Yahoo! Search Marketing with 147
- Search Engine Conferences with 140
- Yahoo! Publisher Network with 120
- Google PageRank/SERP Updates with 113
- Search Engine Industry News with 110
As you can see, I am very Google focused. But I can blame the forums for that. Since I cover what is hot in the forums, Google is typically what is hot in the forums.
Who would have thought, four years ago, still going strong at about 5 articles per day on search at the Search Engine Roundtable? Consistency and reliability is huge for me.
Adding Tamar to the team has helped us average about ten stories per day, which would not be possible without her. It has helped us expand our conference coverage and keep up with the fast growing search marketing industry.
In addition to my articles here, I have done a ton of writing throughout the web. Here is a brief run down of my contributions to the search industry outside of my 5,000 articles at the Search Engine Roundtable.
- Cartoon Barry: 1,406
- Search Engine Land: 1,212
- Search Engine Watch Blog: 1,137
- Search Engine Watch Forums: 2,755
- SEO Chat Forums: 2,642
- Search Engine Roundtable Forums: 1,639
- Cre8asite Forums: 1,027
- DigitalPoint Forums: 303
- WebmasterWorld: 252
- HighRankings Forum: 124
- JimWorld: 100
- Sphinn: 58
Thank you all for reading and making this site what it is today!
Here is to 10,000 articles at the Search Engine Roundtable!