The 34th edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. We took most of the summer off and decided to come back with a live show at SES San Jose. We discussed some of the hottest topics of the summer including, paid links, advertiser controls, Fox leaving Google, Sphinn, supplemental tags, and much more. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Google Webmaster Central Cleans Interface, Adds Paid Link Report & More
- Google Adds "Excessive" To Link Exchange Guidelines
- Google AdWords Allows You To Block Ads With IP Exclusion
- Google Tests "Allowed Sites" Feature for AdSense
- Google AdWords To Allow Advertisers to Opt Out of AdSense for Domains
- SEOs & Webmasters Lose Important Google Link, Vanessa Fox Goes to Zillow
- Google "Buffy" Update - June Google.com Update
- Yang & Decker Take Over Yahoo While Semel Steps Aside
- Threadwatch Blog Closes Down
- Google Webmaster Central Now Offering "Sitemaps Warnings" With Error Reports
- Sphinn Combines Social Search and Forum Discussion
- Google Hides Supplemental Results Label in Google.com: Webmaster Reaction
- Microsoft Now Using Autodiscovery Sitemaps for Crawl Assistance
- Google Cache Showing Last Retrieve Dates in Minutes
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.