Interesting week in the world, with the Boston bombing and the stuff going on this morning. I did my best to do the search video this morning - so I apologize if I was a bit distracted. I posted my story about my paid links and then showed my reconsideration request and how it impacted my traffic. Google will be labeling their search results to appease the European Union. Google said to use the disavow tool as a best practice when removing third party links. Google said pushing too much pages at once can raise a red flag. Bing is testing five search results on a page. Google is showing some sub-sitelinks. Google Image traffic has dropped, are you going to block Google Images? Google may want SEOs to overact, so don't. Google is updating their terms and conditions for AdSense publishers. Google posted revenues, $14 billion in revenue with 20% increase in paid clicks and a 4% drop in cost per click prices. Google Glass is ending up in the hands of some people, with tons of help documentation out there, pictures of people wearing it and highlights and first impressions. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- My Google Reconsideration Request For Removing Paid Links
- My Google Traffic After My Linking Penalty Was Lifted
- Google Will Label Organic Results Leading To Google Properties
- Google: Disavow Links Even If Removed As A Best Practice
- Google: Pushing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Pages Can Raise A Red Flag
- Bing Testing 5 Results Per Search Page?
- Google Sub-Sitelinks Are Here
- Poll: Blocking Google Images After Image Search Traffic Drop?
- Does Google Want SEOs To Overreact?
- Google To Require Publishers To Agree To New AdSense Terms & Conditions
- Google Affiliate Network Shuts Down Again
- Google's Paid Clicks Up 20% But CPC Prices Fall 4% In Q1 Earnings Report
- Google's Official How To Use Google Glass Guide Live
- Pictures Of The First People To Buy Google Glass
- First Day With Google Glass Highlights