Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Updates Link Schemes Examples With Mentions Of Guest Posting, Advertorials & Press Releases
On Friday, I wrote at Search Engine Land Google Warns Against Large-Scale Guest Posting, Advertorials & "Optimized Anchor Text" In Press Releases. In short, Google has updated their link schemes document specifically citing three new topics: (1) Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links...
- Using Google's Similar & Related Search Features For SEO
A WebmasterWorld thread has webmasters and SEOs discussing the SEO research benefit by using Google's similar or related search functions...
- Was There A Weekend Google Update?
I am a bit torn, I've seen some chatter over the weekend at both WebmasterWorld and Google Webmaster Help but not enough to see strong signs of a definite update...
- Changing Anchor Text May Raise A Red Flag
A WebmasterWorld thread has a webmaster asking if changing the anchor text he has been using for links to his site to something "more natural" would lead to a confirmation that he has been up to some bad link building...
- Google AdSense Favicons Resulting In Higher CTR For Now
Last week, Google confirmed the new AdSense favicons would go live and over the weekend they did. In fact, many publishers are noticing the new favicons showing up in all the various text ad formats they have on their site...
- Outside Of TWiT
Google's Richard Hay takes a lot of picture, which I am grateful for. One of his pictures from over the weekend was of the outside of TWiT, a series of technology shows hosted by Leo Laporte. One of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Confused about whether to use rel="nofollow" on reciprocal links, WebmasterWorld
- Max. Length of Meta Description in Serps, WebmasterWorld
- NEW Video: Using Upgraded Sitelinks, AdWords Community
- Some 301 Redirects Now Just Soft 404's, Cre8asite Forums
- Why Do I Need A Mobile Website, WebmasterWorld