Google announced that you can now opt out of give new ad format options for your AdSense ads.
Google said, "you can opt out of the following advanced ad format features:"
- Similar-sized display ads: Showing smaller but higher performing display ads in larger ad units.
- Enhanced text ads: Displaying text ads with performance-enhancing features such as product images, favicons, or clickable arrow icons, etc.
- Expandable ads: Displaying rich media ads that can expand beyond the original size of the ad unit, following a user-initiated action.
- Enhanced display ads: Showing display ads with performance-enhancing features such as mouseover highlights, etc.
- Animated display ads: Showing non-static display (e.g., image) ads, such as ad creatives created using Adobe Flash or animated GIF formats.
More control is always a great thing for publishers. What else do you want to be able to control with AdSense ads?
Forum discussion at Google+.