This week at the Search Engine Roundtable I cover a nice amount of topics, I wanted to highlight the most important items. First, Yahoo Site Explorer has dropped out a ton of the links, Yahoo is saying it is Microsoft's fault. Google did a PageRank update for some. Google is testing a new AdWords Preview Tool, check it out. Advertisers are seeing huge spikes in cost per click costs since the Yahoo and adCenter migration. Google may have stopped indexing Blogspot domains. Google might not wipe out your old links after a reconsideration request, but you should submit one when you buy a new domain and there is no way to cancel it. We have some more May Day theories for you. Google talked a bit about HTML5 and how they index it, on an SEO basis. Google brought back the report offensive images in Google Image Search. Google is testing a new auto detect location feature. Google Maps now divides reviews from third part sources. We covered SES Chicago this week. Google had a logo for Dizzy Gillespie, famous Jazz trumpeter and they now have logos for your very own birthday. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Massive Link Drops in Yahoo Site Explorer: Yahoo Working With Microsoft To Fix
- Google PageRank Updating This Morning? October 2010
- Google Testing New AdWords Preview Tool
- Search Advertiser Pulls adCenter Campaign Until CPC Prices Stabilize
- Google Stop Indexing Blogger (Blogspot) Posts
- Google's Reconsideration Requests May Not Wipe Out Your Old Links
- Buying a Used Domain? Submit a Reconsideration Request to Google
- Canceling A Google Reconsideration Request
- More Google May Day Theories, Five Months Later
- Google's View of HTML5 In Terms Of SEO & Crawling
- Google Finally Brings Back "Report Offensive Image" Link
- Google Improving User Location Detection With "Auto Detect"
- Google Maps Reviews Now Divides Google User Reviews From Others
- SES Chicago 2010 Live Blog Recap
- My Very Own Google Birthday Logo
- Dizzy Gillespie Google Logo