Today is the 13th year anniversary of this site and me covering the search industry. Today I talk about Google using machine learning for feature snippets with sentence compression algorithms. I also cover how Google appears to have tweaked their top stories algorithm to block fake news. Google Search Console removed the content keywords report after promising to do so earlier this year. Google stop crawling as a feature phone device, dropped the URL errors for feature phones as well. Google Search Console updated that clickable link to updates, finally. Google replaced submit to index with request indexing. Google updated their site move documentation. Google and Bing increased their file size limit on sitemap files. Google’s mobile friendly testing tool now lets you submit pages to their index. Google’s John Mueller said keep your load times to less than 2 or 3 seconds. Google’s knowledge panel now may show a video carousel. Google My Business telling customers to submit reconsideration requests? Google My Business now lets you set what notifications you want to get. Google My Business local panel is showing a message button feature for some. Google local finder has richer graphics now. Google Docs says SEOs are weasels, I am not joking. And as I said above, today marks the 13th year of me covering search. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Machine Learning Sentence Compression Algorithms Powers Features Snippets
- Google Tweaking Top Stories Algorithm To Filter Out Fake News?
- Google Search Console Removes The Content Keywords Report
- Google Search Console Removed Feature Phone URL Error Report
- Now Google Search Console's Update Indicator Line Is Clickable
- Google Search Console Changes "Submit To Index" To "Request Indexing"
- Google Site Move Recommendations Updated: Big Vs. Small Sites
- Google & Bing Increase File Size Limit Of Sitemap File By 400%
- Google Mobile Friendly Test Tool Allows You To Submit Pages To Google's Index
- Google: Keep Site Speed Below 2-3 Seconds
- Google Knowledge Panel With Video Carousel
- Google My Business Support Telling Businesses To Submit Reconsideration Requests?
- New Google My Business Settings For Business Notifications
- Google My Business Chat With Customers Test
- Google Testing New Local Finder With Better Graphics
- Google Docs Explore: Search Engine Optimization Is Related To Weasels
- Mazal Tov - 13 Years Covering The Search Industry