This week we have seen a lot of instability in the Google search results, but I am not sure if there is a Google update going on or not. Same with last Friday, there was something going on. It may or may not be related to a mass DNS issue within Google Webmaster Tools. Google’s Matt Cutts is asking for new ideas and feedback on Webmaster Tools, I offered one, give us an automated actions viewer so we don’t have to chase our tails. Google’s Matt Cutts also said that meta descriptions must be unique or empty. Cutts also gave us eight reasons when to use the Google Disavow tool. Google AdSense is testing a new home page. Google AdSense is also testing a new ad format with logo and text. Google AdWords now has hangout style video support call. Google Glass released more on their Glass Developer Kit (GDK). Google and Microsoft are fighting child pornography. Microsoft added Scroogle swag to their Microsoft Store. Google has a sweet logo for Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary, which is tomorrow but should be live later today. If you want to speak at SMX Israel, let me know asap. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Search Results Rocky This Week...
- Was There A Google Update On November 14th?
- Google Bug? Increase In Webmaster Tools DNS Errors?
- Matt Cutts Asking For Google Webmaster Tools Feedback
- Google Can Tell Us If Our Sites Are Impacted By Panda Or Penguin But They Don't
- Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Add Meta Descriptions To My Site Because...
- 8 Reasons To Use The Google Disavow Tool By Matt Cutts
- Google AdSense New, Cleaner Home Page Design
- New: Google AdSense Text Ads With Logos
- New: Google AdWords Video Call Support
- The Google Glass Developer Kit Live: Here Are New Glassware
- Google & Bing To Block Child Pornography Terms & More
- The Perfect New T-Shirt For Matt Cutts Videos: Scroogled Microsoft Store
- Doctor Who: Google's Most Interactive Logo Yet
- Want To Speak At SMX Israel? Here Is How...