Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Confirmed: A Panda Refresh, Version #23
Google has confirmed that this is a Panda refresh. This would make it version 23 and it impacted about 1.3% of English based queries. I should note, I am shocked they pushed out a refresh before the holiday seasons. Last year they promised they would not do a Panda update before the holidays. What a difference a year makes. A week ago...
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: December 21, 2012
This week at the Search Engine Roundtable Google told us that there was no update last week, so we were all dreaming. But I spotted more signs of a possible Google update last night - I do doubt it though. Google's disavow link tool does seem to work...
- New: Advertise Your Google+ Page On AdWords Express
Google's Christian Oestlien announced on Google+ that you can now use Google AdWords Express to advertise your Google+ page in Google. You can do so when you see an "Advertise" link on your Google+ page. It uses AdWords Express to create and place the ads for your Google+ page...
- Business Pictures Now In Google Web Search Map Results
Now if you search for a business and a map/places result is featured in the top right knowledge graph area, Google may show street...
- Google.com Replaces Mayan Logo To Respect Sandy Hook Victims
Today on virtually all Google home pages is a special Google Doodle to commemorate the last day of the Mayan calendar, also known by many as the "end of the world." But that Doodle / Google logo is not on Google...
- Google Aura
Richard Hay from Google posted a picture on Google+ of the skyline behind one of the Google buildings in Mountain View, California. He called it "Google Aura" and yes, it does look like it. What a b
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Pagination & Canonicalization (Technical SEO Question), John Britsios - Google+
- Avoid Duplicate Content - SEO No-no's, HighRankings Forums
- Design issue: Kids can watch Pornography over Google Maps for iPhone app, Google Maps Help
- Facebook Testing Pay-To-Message Users, WebmasterWorld
- Really clever search update in +Path 2.9: "Different…, Chris Messina - Google+
- Yahoo sign out has been moved/removed, WebmasterWorld
- Digital Creativity Guidebook: Branding in a playfu..., AdWords Community
- Email Subject Line Ideas to Capture Attention of Link Prospects, WebmasterWorld