Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: NBCNews Trouble With GoogleBot?
Brian Fitzpatrick, a software engineer manager at Google, posted on Twitter a screen shot of NBCNews.com not being indexed properly by Google. He wrote...
- Google AdWords Product Listing Ads Gets Product Ratings
Google announced they are now adding product ratings, one to five stars, on their product listing ads in the Google search results.
- Google: Where Are The Search Results?
Since early this year, Google began showing really long form answers, or as Google calls them, "Quick Answers...
- Tisk, Tisk, Tisk: AdRoll Generated Tons Of Invalid Traffic
Last Thursday, we reported on unusual huge spike of traffic that were marked as direct traffic sources in analytics. I initially blamed Microsoft, because they are a fun target to blame (no seriously), over Internet Explorer 7 having a bug but that was wrong...
- Google Search Tool To Filter Private Content
Kenichi Suzuki, one of my favorite SEOs from Japan, posted a screen shot on Google+ of a search tool filter to filter results by private content shared with me...
- Google Cookie Tower
Chris Scott posted pictures of the Google City Expert indoor picnic event in Edinburgh's Signet Library on July 24th. This picture is of a tower of cookies, all in Google colors. He posted this one F
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Local - Silly Results, WebmasterWorld
- Did you know that titles strongly influence which search results people click…, Google+ - Google Webmasters
- Facebook To Force Users Worldwide To Download Messenger For Mobile Chat, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Adds Foursquare Data To Cortana, WebmasterWorld
- I had the honor of delivering the commencement speech at Stanford's Department…, Google+ - Krishna Bharat
- Recommended videos disappeared from my homepage, YouTube Help
- Tip of the Week: Hide navigation and focus on reports Posted by +Daniel…, Google+ - Google Analytics