Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: July 20, 2012
Fun week in search, led off by Google's 20th employee after 13 years leaving Google to become the CEO of Yahoo, oh...
- Google Sends Out New Batch Of Unnatural Link Notifications
In July 2011, just about a year ago, Google first started sending out notifications of unnatural links pointing to your web site. Then in March of this year, Google ramped up this notifications and tons of webmasters received them...
- SEOs: Google Penguin Leads To 42% Increase In Paid Clicks
Last night, Google announced some pretty good earnings, beating expectations, making more money than ever with really nice profits. You can read the highlights here. In short, revenues up about 35% from previous second quarter in 2011...
- Want Me To Remove That Link? Pay Me $500!
A Google Webmaster Help thread has a webmaster claiming (and he is 100% correct) that in order for him to get some of the sites linking to him to remove the link...
- Google AdSense Publishers Need To Chill
A typical topic of discussion I will see in the forums related to AdSense is that the "stats are stuck." Stats are stuck in the AdSense community means that the earning reports have stalled and are either not updating or slowly updating. But when there is a real outage...
- Google Bus Breaks Down
Cinthya Yukari Urasaki from Google posted a picture of one of the Google Buses breaking down on the Bayshore Freeway, which is part of U.S. Route 101 in the San Francisco Bay Area. I guess even Googl
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Fire Stations - Automatically Pushing Text/Email Pages to Google Maps = Responding to Calls Faster, Google Maps Help
- How to escalate a 1,000,000usd problem to appropriate person in Google, WebmasterWorld
- How To Handle Seo Companies Spamming Your Clients?, HighRankings Forums
- Our Q212 earnings call begins at 1:30pm PT / 4:30pm ET...., Google - Google+
- Google 2Q 2012 Revenues $12.21, Up 35pct, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Reports First Loss Ever, WebmasterWorld