Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- See Your Newest Links In Google Webmaster Tools
Now you can download the most recent links Google discovered pointing to your web site. Better yet...
- Korea & Japan Get Google's Panda Algorithm
Almost 17 months after Google launched Penguin was maybe a global release but Panda was not. That is even more evidence that Penguin is more link related and Panda is more content related...
- Pretty Weather Results on Google For Mobile & Tablet Searches
Google announced in the Google Web Search Help forums and also on Google+ that you can search for weather on your tablet or mobile device and Google will provide slicker weather information...
- Google Issuing Warnings For Blocking AdSense Ads
Google has time and time again warned publishers that blocking ads will result in lower ad income. That is nothing new. But now when some publishers are blocking ads, Google is issuing a warning in the AdSense account telling them they are making a grave mistake...
- Firefox 14 Launches: Expect Increase In [Not Provided]
As expected, Mozilla has launched Firefox 14, and the major feature release is that "Google searches now utilize HTTPS." What this means is that you should expect an increase in the number of search queries in your analytics data showing the always fun [not provided] response.
- 13 Balloons From Google To Marissa Mayer
As you all know by now, Marissa Mayer, Google's 20th employee is now the CEO of Yahoo. As a goodbye from Google, they gave Marissa 13 balloon bouquets symbolizing the 13 years of service at Google.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Important note for Android Jelly Bean users using Latitude, Google Maps Help
- For 12 years my site ranked at the top and now it does not rank at all. Google has ruined me!, Google Webmaster Help
- Getting author annotations for your Github projects in…, Malte Ubl - Google+
- Traffic Shaping / Throttling Prior to Deindexing, WebmasterWorld