Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Me? Nope, Search For Me On Google
Personally, I love it when I see people or commercials on radio or TV tell others to "Google X" to find out services. Yea, it is a bit risky - what if you do not rank well or your ad is removed...
- Google Tests Black Bar
Over the weekend, Google began testing yet another user interface. This one has a new top bar, using a black background instead of a white or light gray color. Here is a closer look: There are some complaints from daily Google users that the black bar looks wrong...
- Google AdsBot Does Not Support Canonical Tag
I spotted an interesting discussion, asking if Google's AdWords bot, aka AdBot...
- Google Kills Google Health
On Friday, Google announced the death of Google Health. Yes, Google Health which launched about three years ago is now being shut down. Why...
- Obligatory Google PageRank Update Notification
As many of you know, I am not a huge fan of obsessing over Google's PageRank score as shown in the Google Toolbar. But whenever there is a Google PageRank update in the toolbar, I feel obligated to report it...
- Googlers Marching In New York Gay Parade
New York passed the Gay marriage law and there was a parade in NYC on Sunday. Here is a picture from a reader who spotted some Googlers marching.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google self-driving cars now legal in Nevada, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- How Do Facebook "Like" Options Influence Google SERP?, WebmasterWorld
- Twitter To Start Placing Paid Tweets In Organic Stream, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Women's World Cup, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- How Is This Not Spam? Links 394 Times To Self, WebmasterWorld
- I just got rocked by a smart internet marketer, WebmasterWorld
- WMT average position still reports pre-Panda rankings, WebmasterWorld
- Woman says Google rejected fat job applicants, Google Blogoscoped Forum