Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Time For Google Panda Webmaster Notifications?
As many of you know by now, Panda 2.2 is now confirmed to have rolled out and some sites have seen recoveries while others have not, and others were now hit. Danny Sullivan wrote a nice explanation on how Panda is more a ranking factor than a algorithm update...
- Google Shows Old Twitter URLs In Search Results
@dixon_jones, a well known and respected SEO, asked Google's JohnMu in a Google Webmaster Help thread why Google shows the old Twitter URL versus the new Twitter URL in the search results. For example...
- Google AdSense Earnings Down? Join The Club
In May, we reported that Google made adjustments to how they handle the daily reporting feature and it might result in publishers assuming their earnings are lower than they should be...
- The Evolution Of Google's Ranking Factors
Rand Fishkin of SEOmoz recently posted a presentation on slide share named The Evolution of Google's Rankings. It was from a presentation he gave in the Searchmetrics Partner Meeting a couple months ago...
- Google UK's Small & Medium Business Heros Reception
A picture taken while at Google's UK headquarters by @willwynne of pictures on the wall of Google's Small / Medium Business Heros. There was a reception at Google UK recently.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Do the words "Search Results" on a page affect rankings?, WebmasterWorld
- HOW TO: Get a Google Places Label, Sphinn