Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: May 25, 2012
Fun SEO news week. iAcquire, a respected SEO and internet marketing company, was called out for allegedly buying links for Dun & Bradstreet. Shortly later, iAcquire and their affiliates are no longer found in Google. There are new rumors of a Penguin...
- Google Bans The Agency Who Buys The Link
This is the first time Google banned the agency who bought the link, instead of who they bought the link for. This is a significant event in the history of the SEO industry. iAcquire was banned from Google for allegedly buying links for their client Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation.
- New Google Penguin Update Rumors: Penguin 1.1
Tedster, the administrator at WebmasterWorld, started a thread at WebmasterWorld asking if others feel that Google pushed out or is pushing out an update to the Penguin algorithm. We thought we saw Penguin updates before, once around May 13th and then again around May 15th but Google said no, it wasn't Penguin, Panda or anything else. Is this real?
- Compare Your AdWords Performance With Competitors: Auction Insights
This week, Google introduced a new AdWords report named Auction Insights. The report gives you a glimp into how well you are doing for a specific keyword compared to your competitors.
- Google Transparency Report Shows Search Listings URL Removals
Imagine getting 1,255,402 content removal requests in a month or about 41,000 of them per day! That is what Google says they are getting from copyright owners wanting those who are stealing their content removed from the Google search results.
- Fantomaster Happy
Mikkel DeMib Svendsen snapped a picture of his friend and fellow legendary SEO Ralph Tegtmeier aka Fantomaster. He said he wanted a beer but only one, so he got only one - a rather large one. This w
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Interviewing at Google, Facebook, Foursquare, Dropbox, Fog Creek, etc, Hacker News
- Re: QS and Call Only Text Ads, AdWords Community
- Suddenly out-of-control changed titles affecting traffic, WebmasterWorld
- Malware sites seem to have hacked Google image results, WebmasterWorld
- Try out the new version of Google+ for Android (2.6), Google+ Help