Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: May 23, 2014
This week in search, Google released their Panda 4.0 algorithm and it was big. I dig into that topic for a while. Googleâs spam algorithm was updated over the weekend as well. Googleâs algorithm was definitely in flux...
- Google Ads Everywhere: *Evil Laugh*
A few days ago, Google scared the world when the SEC report revealed Google that Google wants to place ads everywhere. In fact, one of the items listed was placing ads in thermostats...
- SEO: I Got Comfortable & It Resulted In Being Hit By Google's Panda Filter
The ongoing thread about Google Panda 4.0 at WebmasterWorld has an interesting post from someone who was hit by Panda a while back and is slowly recovering. In short, he blames himself. He said, he got comfortable and lazy and didn't invest in his site because it was doing well...
- Faces Go Missing From Google's Search Results For About 75 Minutes
Yesterday, the SEO space got into a bit of a panic when Google suddenly dropped authorship images from their search results page. Twitter Twitter and Google+ went made (I am just sharing one thread from each but there were tons)...
- Google Chrome Desktop Now With Okay Google Voice Detection
Google announced yesterday on Google+ that Chrome, Google's popular browser, now supports the ability to say "Okay Google" to activate voice search by default from the Google search page...
- Red Bing Street View Car
People are starting to spot and notice more and more street view cars, not from Google, but from Microsoft Bing. Here is a red one, same type of car as from the white one we posted a few months ago.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle No Men, Google Web Search Help
- Google Coercing Independent Musicians Into Joining a Spotify Competitor, Threadwatch.org
- Anyone Wanna Buy This Forum?, HighRankings Forums
- Do "teaser" pages negatively affect me?, WebmasterWorld
- Manual Action Removed - Still not Ranking Well, Options?, Google Webmaster Help