This week in search, Google released their Panda 4.0 algorithm and it was big. I dig into that topic for a while. Google’s spam algorithm was updated over the weekend as well. Google’s algorithm was definitely in flux. MetaFilter’s rankings died on November 17, 2012, the date is the most interesting part for me, as well as Matt Cutts getting involved. Google explains why some sites get link removal requests. Google AdSense may be getting a new class action lawsuit. Many AdSense publishers received notifications of breach for personal identifiable information being released, Google says you should act fast. Google’s SEC filing showed they want ads everywhere. Google also had a cool Doodle for the Rubik’s Cube. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda 4.0 Now Rolling Out; A New Panda Algorithm
- Poll: How Did Google's Panda 4.0 Impact You?
- How Google’s Panda Filter Negatively Impacted Ask.com, eBay & Google Backed RetailMeNot.com
- SEO: I Got Comfortable & It Resulted In Being Hit By Google's Panda Filter
- Google Spam Algorithm Version 2.0 Released Over Weekend
- Google Algorithm & Ranking Shifts On Fire This Month
- Google's Matt Cutts: We've Been Discussing The MetaFilter Google Penalty
- Google: Why You Get Link Removal Threats
- Google AdSense Class Action Lawsuit
- Google AdSense Publishers Receive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Breach Notifications
- Google: If You Received An Email About AdSense PII Breach, You Should Act
- Google Ads Everywhere: *Evil Laugh*
- Don't Waste Your Day With The Google Rubik's Cube Interactive Logo