Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Penalizing HARO Links? Not Really.
Bill Hartzer wrote that Google has targeted HARO, Help A Reporter, links in the latest manual action of unnatural links. HARO links? Really? Would Google do that...
- Google+ Dying? Would That Impact Google's Search Results?
There are many rumors around if Google+ is dying based around Vic leaving and some other stories...
- Google Adds Examples For Deceptive Sneaky Redirects
Google announced they have updated two of their webmaster guidelines documents to better describe ways you should not use redirects to trick or manipulate Google's search results. The Sneaky redirects added examples...
- Google AdSense Fraud Leak Seems Fake, Publishers Doubt It & Matt Cutts Calls B.S.
Last night, some anonymous person claiming to have worked in the Google AdSense department for "several years" posted a story named "Google AdSense Leak." In where he describes...
- Google Holds Webmaster Meetup At Google Taipei May 15th
Google posted on the Google+ webmaster channel, in Chinese...
- Google Ventures New Sign
Google's Michael Wyszomierski posted on Google+ a picture of the new sign outside of the Google Ventures building at the GooglePlex. Michael said I like the style of this new sign seen at the Google
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Instead of lifting our penalty, Google gave us notice of a new one. Very odd situation, Google Webmaster Help
- I own an SEO company and I cannot get one site to rank?!?! Please Help, Google Webmaster Help
- A few more #GlassUpdates are on the way. Look out for these…, Google Glass - Google+
- Search Valley of Fire images and get full frontal nudity!!!!!, Google Web Search Help
- Young artists around the U.S. amazed us with their creative…, Google - Google+
- This is a great thread on HN: …, Pierre Far - Google+
- Tip of the week: Analyze App users loyalty Posted by…, Google Analytics - Google+