Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- What To Do When Your SEO Competition Is Catching Up To You
There is a great thread at Cre8asite Forums on the topic of what to do when your SEO competition is gaining on you within the search results. It happens all the time...
- eHow Hit Hard By Google Panda Update
Sistrix reported that eHow.com was hit very hard by the global rollout of the Google Panda update. Here is the chart Sistrix released of ehow.com's traffic drop: Sistrix used a metric of -66% for describing how badly eHow was hit...
- Google Video To Be Search Only
Over the weekend, Google emailed those who are hosting videos on Google Video that they are going to be removing all the videos on Google Video for good. In January 2009...
- In The Plex: Cutts Is GoogleGuy
Since the infamous "GoogleGuy" joined the WebmasterWorld forums in early 2000, the man behind the name has always been a mystery of some sorts. There was some speculation as to it being Google's Matt Cutts as early as 2005. And then in 2010 again...
- No Tax Day Logos On April 18th
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google denies Panda hit on rival, WebmasterWorld
- 15 Things I Hate About the New Google Analytics, Sphinn
- Best Practices Week - Results, Google AdWords Help
- Google Algo Change - Human Behavior Theories, WebmasterWorld
- Google credibility after the Panda Update, WebmasterWorld
- Just What User Behavior Data Does Google Use to Influence Search Rankings?, Sphinn
- Yandex Roars From Russia With Possible $9B US IPO, WebmasterWorld
- Searching google for cinema listings: Wrong link to imdb page (pornographic movie), Google Web Search Help