Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Space Separated Attributes In Nofollow Still Nofollows The Link
Google's John Mueller confirmed on Twitter that having space separated attributes in the nofollow attribute will still work as a nofollow. He said rel='external nofollow' is the same as rel='nofollow' for the purpose of ensuring Google doesn't follow those links...
- Majestic Launches In Space Ship To 3D Print The Internet
This is a first, the fine folks over at Majestic, a tool many many SEOs use for link detection and management, amongst other things, announced that they sent up a 3D printer into space...
- Fathom, SEO Forum Personality, Rodney L Brown Passed Away
I am very sad to report that we, the SEO community, has lost yet another contributor. Rodney Brown, who goes under the code name Fathom in the SEO discussion forums, has passed away. I was notified of this via an SEO Chat Forum thread...
- Google Metronome Widget
If you search Google for [metronome] on your desktop or mobile device, you will see an interactive metronome. A metronome is a device used by musicians...
- Google: SEOs Are Wrong, 302 Redirects Pass PageRank
On Twitter @dhinckley said that according to Moz over here, 302 redirects pass zero "link juice," also known as PageRank. John Mueller said that is not true...
- Google Hammocks
Every office needs a quiet spot where their employees can sit and relax, indoors, laying on hammocks. It is a necessity and a requirement, a bare minimum for a good working environment. Without it,
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Introducing smarter albums, without the work You take a lot of photos, but you…, Google+ - Google Photos
- @larrykim Hey Larry! Could you email us your questions before publishing articles like this, please? https://t.co/aqLhzdr70z, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Is Penguin Update here ? My Penguin hit site moved from page 6 to 3, localsearchforum.com
- Last Week in the AdWords Community (March 16-22), The Google Advertiser Community