Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Shocking: Google To Tweak Content Farm Algorithm
Wired reports Google's Amit Singhal as saying they will be tweaking and fine tuning the Google Farmer Update to make it as close to a 100% accurate as possible. I am not sure why anyone is surprised by this...
- Bing Shopping Let's You Search Like A Human
Bing announced you can now search Bing Shopping like a human by just typing out, conversational style, what you are looking for. The examples give include [hudsons jeans under $200] or [air jordans under $100]...
- Google To Yelp: Give Us Your Reviews Or We Won't Rank Your Pages
The Telegraph reports Google has given Yelp an ultimatum, either give us your reviews or we will stop listing you in our search engine. Yelp's CEO said: We are unhappy with the way Google uses our users' review on its Places page. However...
- Google's Custom 404 Page Robot
Google has finally went cool and hip with their custom 404, playing catch up to Twitter and the likes, creating their own Google Broken Robot. Try it out, go to google.com/rustybrick. Twitter has the fail whale...
- Our Dr. Seuss 107th Birthday Logo
Seems like we, the Search Engine Roundtable, are the only ones in the search industry celebrating Dr. Seuss's 107th birthday with a logo or theme.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Affiliate Links: Should We Nofollow Them?, WebmasterWorld
- Disable https in Gmail doesn't work, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin, WebmasterWorld
- Google Paper: Availability in Globally Distributed Storage Systems, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo’s Luke Beatty Talks About Google's Content Farm Update, WebmasterWorld