Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Appending Brand In Front Of Search Results Title
Typically, when Google shows a clickable headline in the search results, it pulls from your title tag meta data in the source code of the page. There are of course plenty of times where Google will rename the headline depending on the query.
- Google Chrome Bug With Rel=Next Can Lead To An AdSense Ban
A WebmasterWorld thread has one webmaster claiming that Chrome 25.x and 26.x (beta) has a bug with their prefetching and prerendering techniques that can ultimately lead to your Google AdSense account being banned...
- Google Calendar Events In Google Search Results
Google has expanded their Gmail field trial into Google Calendar to allow users who opt in to search Google for upcoming events and appointments on their calendar...
- Women Are The Building Blocks Of The SEO Industry
There is this a ton of buzz floating around the industry about an issue of sexism at technology conferences and yea, search marketing conferences. It probably started off when Marty Weintraub released some industry data on female representation at online marketing conferences. You should check out the statistics and details. I first ran into this when I ran my first SMX...
- GooglePlex Robot
Jason Mayes from Google shared a picture on Google+ of some random statues on site at the GooglePlex in Mountain View, California. This one, I believe I met a few years ago, it in one of the halls.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- For a laugh. Google AdSense, WebmasterWorld
- Advice for launching new websites in 2013, WebmasterWorld
- Baidu Launches English Website for Developers, WebmasterWorld
- What is the correct use of rel=hreflang and rel=canonical?, WebmasterWorld