Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Penalty Removals Happen Two Ways: Manually & Algorithmically
As I summarized at Search Engine Land a minute ago, Google's Matt Cutts answered a question that I don't think was clearly answered by Google before - "When are penalties lifted...
- Hot In Web Design But Not In SEO? Parallax Effects Design
That single page design, that scrolls in new content, is known as the parallax effects and it is done using jQuery. It looks hot and it is not using Flash, so it is even hotter. But it horrid for SEO purposes.
- Can Low Cost SEO Firms Service High Cost Client Bases?
A Search Engine Watch Forums thread has a German based SEO individual asking if it is possible to move your SEO operation to a low cost country (he names Thailand) while continuing to service customers based in high cost countries...
- SEO Company Badmouthed In Google Forum But What Happens Next Is Strange
Webmaster complains about their SEO company. Shortly after, alleged clients of this SEO company come in to defend the SEO company. Then when prodded for more information, these SEO clients claim they can't talk more in fear of being sued. They pretty much threaten the webmaster that the SEO company will be suing her for liable. Google during this time sit back and drop hints to reveal their true identity - leading me to suspect Google knows something we don't.
- Miriam Ruth Google Israel Logo
Google Israel has a logo for Miriam Ruth. Ruth was born today in 1910 and died in 2005. She was a was a writer of children Hebrew , teacher and educator Israeli.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Kaspersky is blocking Adsense ads, WebmasterWorld
- All My Adsense Websites Were De-Indexed - should I remove Adsense?, WebmasterWorld
- Don’t Break The Cardinal Rule Of LinkBait, Sphinn
- Doodle 4 Google Brazil, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Doodle Miriam Ruth, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- JCPenney Responds to the New York Times and Google, Sphinn
- Seo And The Query Tail, Cre8asite Forums