Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- February 2011 Google Webmaster Report
Every month we do a brief recap of the most important topics we covered in terms of those who care about the SEO and webmaster related concerns with Google. You can see last month's report in the January 2011 Google Webmaster Report...
- Mistakenly 404 A Page & Google Deindexed It? Google Hope To Reinclude It Quicker
A Google Webmaster Help thread has a comment from a Googler that implies Google may be speeding up the process of re-including pages that were removed from Google index by accident...
- Page Title Nuances That Drive SEO and Traffic Value
With increasingly complex and guided search engine results pages, the displayed title of organic listings is one of the most crucial elements in helping rankings and driving click-through-rate. Search Engine Roundtable regularly covers industry chatter about various aspects of the Page Title's importance...
- Google Search Results With Hotpot
Google launched Hotpot a few months back and now claims the product grew tremendously over the time. So they announced they are integrating Hotpot data directly into the local results on the Web search results...
- Google Shopper For iPhone
A few months after Google Shopper for Android was released, we now have a similar version for the iPhone. What does it do? It basically helps you use Google Shopping with some mobile enabled features on the go.
- Google AdSense Ignoring Your Ads Font Size Preferences
In June 2009, Google gave more control to their AdSense publishers by giving them the ability to control their font sizes of the ads. But does it work?
- Swedish Google License Plates
This guy wanted to prove a point. He got himself a set of Google licenses plates in Sweden to prove he can take a popular brand and slap it on his car. More at http://jardenberg.se/b/about-the-google
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Does Google break it's own guidelines?, WebmasterWorld
- 10 reasons you're not an 'advanced' SEO, Sphinn
- Best way to tell Googlebot a page doesn't exists anymore, WebmasterWorld
- Bing's Thoughts on Search Quality, Sphinn
- Does Google favour sites using "Google Pay"?, WebmasterWorld
- DOTW: Google vs. Bing 2011 Copygate: Who won?, Sphinn
- Grow up Google!, Sphinn
- How Much Is A Home Page Text Link Worth?, HighRankings Forums