Some people give charity, some people go to a soup kitchen, some people spend more time with family as a Christmas day tradition. Well, John Mueller probably does all of that plus his other tradition is to help webmasters on Christmas day. He has been doing it for the past several years and has done it again this year, the year it turns out to also be on a weekend.
Here are the threads he responded to on December 25th, Christmas day (he also responded on Christmas eve and the day after Christmas) - all of these were days off at Google:
- AMP and geo-targeting advertising
- Should I remove the old site from google to let a new site take its place?
- Question on rendering AngularJS site for googlebot.
- Moved to HTTPS - All rankings dropped from position 1 to beyond 10th page.
- Daily Post Limit in Blogger "CAPTCHA is Gone " ?
@NetoEmprendedor both do the exact same thing - use what works best for you!— John ☆.o(≧▽≦)o.☆ (@JohnMu) December 25, 2016
It is not like he doesn't have a family - he does and I am sure he is balancing that with this.
Thanks John and your team for all you guys have done to help webmasters both what we see and what we don't see behind the scenes.
Forum discussion at the threads above.