A Google Web Search Help thread had a solo post from a user upset to see a nude topless image show up in the knowledge graph box for a search for [kierston wareing]. I checked it last night, when it was first mentioned in the thread and indeed there was a topless image of Kierston Wareing showing in the top right section of the knowledge graph.
This morning, when I checked again, to my surprise, the image was completely removed. Here is a screen shot:
Last time this happened, it took days for it to be removed. Typically when people report inappropriate images in Google, it takes Google a lot of time to remove it.
I wonder if this was removed manually or Google has better checks in place to remove inappropriate images based on some sort of reporting algorithm?
In any event, it is nice to see Google clean up this nude knowledge graph image within 24 hours.
Some of the past cases of porn or nudity on Google where it should not have been:
- First Case Of Porn In Google Knowledge Graph
- Porn Found on Google News Home Page
- Google Search By Image Thinks I'm A Porn Star
- Very Explicit Porn Hits Google Universal Search
- Google Video Filter By Source A Porn Spam Target?
- Google's Strict SafeSearch Show Porn & Not Moderate SafeSearch
- Pirelli Tires? Nope, Pirelli Porn In Google
- Google's Porn Issue With Children Related Keywords
- Google Gadget Porn Becomes an Issue
- Porn Spammers Targets Holocaust Terms in Google
- More Nudity & Pornography Found in Google Gadgets
Forum discussion at Google Web Search Help.