Google has penalized a few more international link networks on Friday afternoon. Google went after, as promised Italian and Spanish networks and those who participated in them - as well as a couple more Germany link networks.
Earlier in the day on Friday, Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, tweeted that Google has "taken action" on another German link network, this one named efamous plus a German agency network. This is the second time in almost two months that Google booted a Germany link agency and network. The thing is efamous looks pretty legit but I guess behind the scenes, in Google's mind, it was not?
Today we're taking action on a German link network (efamous) and a German agency network that violate our guidelines.— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) March 14, 2014
Later on in the day, this may be somewhat historic, but Matt Cutts didn't announce it first, that they penalized an Italian and Spanish link network. Giacomo Gnecchi, a Google search quality analysts who has been with Google for maybe about 4 years, tweeted it in Italian and then much later, Matt Cutts retweeted it and then posted a translated version on Twitter. This shouldn't be a surprise because Matt warned it days before.
In any event, here are those two tweets:
Abbiamo intrapreso un’azione di rilievo su siti/blog con link a pagamento che passano PR e relativi buyer Italiani http://t.co/A10M4FwO16— Giacomo Gnecchi (@giacomognecchi) March 14, 2014
(Translation: we've taken action on Spanish and Italian link networks that violate our quality guidelines.)— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) March 14, 2014
Here are some recent link networks taken down by Google:
- Google To Slap Link Networks In Italy & Spain
- Google Targets Poland In Latest Link Network Penalty
- Google Boots Large German Agency & Clients For Link Schemes
- Google's Matt Cutts: We're Taking Action Against Buzzea, The French Link Network
- Google's Matt Cutts Calls Out Nailing Another Link Network
- Google Penalizes Another Link Network: SAPE Links
- Google Crushes Ghost Rank 2.0, A Russian Link Network
- Backlinks.com: The Next Link Network Penalized By Google
- Google's Matt Cutts: Text Link Ads Link Sellers Targeted
- Google Penalizes Blog Networks, Did SEOs Use It To Hurt Competitors?
- Beware: Google To Squash Another Link Network Very Soon