Cassie from Google said in the Google AdWords Help forums that you can now disable automated ad extensions directly from the AdWords interface.
I guess this is a new feature and you were not able to disable the feature, the automated ad extensions, prior to now.
How do you do it?
- Sign into your AdWords account.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- Click the “View” dropdown and select Automated extensions report.
- Click Automated extension options (advanced).
- Click Edit next to “Show all automated extensions for this account”.
- Click Exclude specific automated extensions for this account.
- Check the box next to the automated extension you’d like to disable.
- Click Save.
Forum discussion at Google AdWords Help.