This may be the worse video recap I have ever done, so I apologize in advance - just really distracted while doing it. I first talked about the major indexing issue with Blogger and Blogspot new posts that Google fixed this week. Google has algorithms that define which algorithms should be used at different times on different sites. Google is updating or really buggy, I am not sure. Google added a real time counter to the search results, to show shared by. Google Places was added to Google web search. Google created a Chrome extension to make spam reporting easier. Google launched "boost" for businesses on Google Places but dropped the URL option for Tags. Yahoo's transition is complete, Microsoft gobbled them up well before Thanksgiving - good job! Google had an AdWords quality score reporting bug. Google had to change their AdWords policies in France. Microsoft adCenter may have an impressions reporting glitch. Facebook's Bing integration is now showing up on Bing.com for some. Google Maps is missing reviews again. What is this Google webmaster happiness metric I am hearing about. Finally, Google's Turkey logo is using the wrong flag. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Fixes Blogspot Indexing Issue: New Content Being Indexed
- Google: Different Algorithms Can Apply To Different Sites At Different Times
- Google Update or Bug: More Complaints Over Google's Search Results
- Google Ranking Update or May Day Impacting More Sites?
- Google Search Quality Improving Or Not?
- Google's Realtime Counter & Shared By In Web Search Results
- Google Pleases Local Optimizers & Upsets AdWords Optimizers With Place Search
- Google Creates Chrome Extension To Report Search Spam
- Google Pushing Business Owners in Places To Use AdWords Via "Boost"
- Google Places Removes Website URL Tag Option
- Gobble Gobble: Microsoft Bing/adCenter Swallows Yahoo Completely In US & Canada
- Google Confirms Major AdWords Quality Score Reporting Bug
- Google To Change AdWords Policies In France Only
- Microsoft adCenter Reports Impressions Drop Bug?
- Facebook Drop Down On Bing Search? Yep, It's Rolling Out
- Google Maps Reviews Gone Missing Again!
- What Is Google's "Webmaster Happiness Metric"
- Google Shows Wrong Flag For Turkey Republic Day