As you know, Yahoo was planning on migrating everyone in the US and Canada over from their search ad platform to Microsoft adCenter by the end of this month. As Yahoo said, mission accomplished, Yahoo has successful handed themselves over to Microsoft on a platter. Ironically, well before the Thanksgiving holiday, which was their goal. Gobble Gobble!
I summed up the news and what this means at Search Engine Land but I'll bullet point it here.
- US/Canada organic and paid search on Yahoo now fully powered by Bing.
- CPC prices will increase, as we have seen, on Microsoft adCenter due to increased competition
- You will be able to access your Yahoo reports in read only mode for 5 months at Yahoo
- Historical data will remain for 13-months
- Those spending a nice amount still will have their Yahoo reps, everyone else gets managed by Microsoft
- Mobile ads will be migrated by the end of this month, which is now
Those are the key points.
I do have to commend Yahoo and Microsoft for completing this transition smoothly and well before the major holiday shopping season. But as you all know, I am still bitter about the whole deal.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.