In this week's recap, I kind of give it to Yahoo. They say I am "irresponsible" for saying they are not a search company when their own CEO said that?! Google's brand search change is out of hand and then they do steaming search results, that's whack! Google gave real time search a home page and additional features, including inclusion in Google Alerts. Google Maps updated their map review guidelines. Google News made a design change, keeps reverting back to old design. A study shows how important those meta descriptions are in your click through rates. Google & SEOs have one of the best duplicate content and pagination discussions ever. Google gives some deep insights into what makes content unique. GoogleBot was caught crawling from three different IPs. Is Google's international filter not so national? Finally, there are three known AdWords bugs advertisers should be aware of. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- So Sad: Yahoo Finally & Officially Gave Up On Search
- Google Thinks Some Searches Are Worth A Single Domain Of Results
- Google Gives Real Time Search A Home & More Features
- Google Alerts Adds "Updates" Type Option
- Google Updating Search Results As You Type
- Google Maps Updates Review Guidelines
- Google News Changes Again, Adds Collapsible Right Side
- Study: META Descriptions Very Important Search Results Click Through Rates
- Google Responds To Detailed Questions On Pagination SEO Issues
- Some Clues On Making Unique Content From Google
- GoogleBot Crawling From Different Locations At Same Time
- Google's International Filter Loosened Up?
- Google AdWords Issues: Invalid Clicks Bug, Billing Tab Inaccessible & Snapshot Date Off