This week we covered how those pink ads are really "pale purple" and are here to stay by replacing the yellow background color on AdWords. Google revamped their dictionary results. Google's Matt Cutts talked about his first spam experience. Google now warns webmasters over a spike in crawl errors. Google said, first come first serve when it comes to meta robots tag. Google has a one language per page and per sitemap rule. Google AdWords Professional links no longer working? Yahoo's search ad reports have a glitch. Microsoft shows off a cool mapping product named Street Slide. Google, not Bing, to power Yahoo Japan. Google dropped the report offensive link from Google Images. Google said SEOs outsmart them and they don't like it. Finally, Yahoo had a logo to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official: Google Changes AdWords Color to Pale Purple
- Google Gives Dictionary.com, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster & The Free Dictionary Top Real Estate
- Deja Vu: First Time Matt Cutts of Google Saw Web Spam
- Google To Warn Webmasters Over Dramatic Site Issues
- Google: The Robots Meta Tag Is Cumulative (First Come First Serve)
- Google's One Language Per Page Rule
- Google News Sitemaps: One Language Per Sitemap File
- New Google AdWords Certified Profile Links Not Working
- Yahoo Search Marketing Reporting Goes Down For Many
- Microsoft's Street Slide, A Preview
- Google Drops Report Offensive Images From New Image Search
- Google To Power Yahoo Japan: Here The FAQs
- Google: The "Last Thing We Want" Is The "Best SEO To Win"
- Yahoo Celebrated 20th Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act