This week, the bulk of the discussion in this recap is Google related. I talked about more Google Caffeine discussions, is it going live? Use a 410 status code for really strong 404s. Google launched answer highlighting in snippets. Google also released social search. Kaspersky blocked Google AdSense ads, again. Google is paying publishers less and less - and we try to figure out why. Search grows at 46% worldwide, Google grew even faster. Google Maps search added personalization, but does it slow you down. Google Reader tracks even non-RSS pages. Google messed up the Kuwait doodle and had controversy over Australia's Doodle 4 Google competition. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion: Google SEO:
- More Google Caffeine Sightings Over Weekend
- Remove Pages From Google ~Forever Using a 410 Status Code
- Kaspersky Blocking Google Ads Again
- Google Paying AdSense Publishers Less & Less
- What's New With AdSense Publishers?
- Google A Month Early On Kuwait's National Day
- Google Drops Aboriginal Flag from Doodle Winner Due To Copyright