On September 11th we covered why Google doesn't have a logo, but yet will "fix" Google Maps for "September 11 Attacks." We did however show off the logos for Bing and Ask.com for their remembrance. Also, Labor Day, Google didn't have a logo, but Ask.com, Bing and Dogpile did. Google did a logo for 9/9/09 at 9:09:09 and a weird missing "O" logo on Saturday. Google made their search box much larger. Longer domain name registration does not improve SEO, Google said. Keywords in the URL help with SEO according to our most recent poll. UK and Ireland are very similar and even on different ccTLDs can result in duplicate content. Google Sitelinks are now in the search snippets. Bing fake referrers might be back, but are they even paying attention to the robots.txt files? Yahoo search ads should get cheaper and they added a new report. Google Base added a YouTube attribute to link up videos. Google AdWords advertiser threatens suicide. How can you stop search spiders on the Jewish Shabbat? Finally, did you check out Google Monopoly? That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- No 9/11 Logo From Google, But Bing & Ask.com Remember
- Google To "Fix" September 11 Attacks Mark on Google Maps
- 2009 Labor Day Logos from Bing, Ask, DogPile But Not Google or Yahoo
- Google's 09/09/09 Logo (Doodle)
- Go_gle's Missing "O" "Unexplained Phenomenon" UFO Logo (Doodle)
- Google Makes Search Bigger With Larger Search Box
- Longer Domain Registration Does Not Increase Google Search Engine Rankings
- 75% of SEOs Feel Google Loves Keywords in the URL
- UK & Ireland Geo Targeting in Google Need Unique Content
- Google's Sitelinks Within Search Result Snippets
- Bing's Fake Referrer Spam Back, Now Hiding Referrer Now?
- Bing Not Honoring Robots.txt Directives?
- Yahoo Search Marketing Changes Pricing Algorithm & Adds Partner Reporting
- Google Base Feeds Can Now Include YouTube Video Demos for Product Search
- Google AdWords Advertisers Threatens Suicide To Get Google's Attention, It Worked
- Stop Spiders From Crawling Your Site on Shabbat, Including GoogleBot
- Screen Shots & Videos of Google Monopoly City Streets