In this week's recap, I first discuss the 30 sessions we covered at the SES San Jose show this past week. I then get into the Google Caffeine update and what it is all about, including some religious debate. I discuss how Microsoft is clicking on their own Bing search ads. They also still have this single query word issue, maybe a cloaking test again? I ran a poll on nofollow links, where 38% said they would keep the nofollow on their links. AdWords tests a new product ad spot. AdSense bug prevents changing the channel names. There is a Webmaster Tools bug with PageRank distribution charts. Google's help forum gets redesigned. Google Doodles this week features the Perseids meteor shower and Hans Christian Ørsted's 232nd birthday. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Roundtable Covers 30 Sessions at SES San Jose 2009
- Google Releases First Public Search Update Preview: "Caffeine" Update
- Do Mormon SEOs Dislike "Caffeine" Name For Google Update?
- Microsoft Admits To Clicking On Their Own Search Ads
- Bing Classifies Cloaking Detection as "Single Word Query" Issue
- Poll: 38% Will Keep NoFollows On Their Links
- Google AdWords Tests New Form of Product Ads
- Google AdSense Bug Prevents Changing Channel Names
- Google PageRank Distribution Data Not Available For Many in Webmaster Tools
- Google Help Forums Get A Redesign
- Perseids Meteor Shower Coming: Google Got a Doodle For That
- A Google Bomb Logo? Nope. Hans Christian Ørsted Birthday