SEOmoz has released their best practices guide on SEO. This time, they used actual data to back up the best practices and have changed some of their previous best practices based on the data.
The post goes over the follow SEO elements:
- Title Tag Format
- The Usefulness of H1 Tags
- The Usefulness of Nofollow
- The Usefulness of the Canonical Tag
- The Use of Alt text with Images
- The Use of the Meta Keywords tag
- The Use of Parameter Driven URLs
- The Usefulness of Footer Links
- The Use of 301 Redirects
- Blocking pages from Search Engines
- Google Search Wiki's Affect on Rankings
- The Affect of Negative Links from "Bad Link Neighborhoods"
- The Importance of Traffic on Rankings
I tend to agree with most of what is laid out in the guide. But like all SEO guides, there is always room for debate.