Google and the rest of the search industry had a lot of fun with April Fools' Day hoaxes, I recap them in the video. Google had a PageRank update on April 1st, no foolin. Yahoo Search updated earlier this week. Google continues classic, one line, Sitelinks test. Publishers accuse Google of stealing AdSense earnings. AdSense gives more email preferences to publishers. Google drops the video ad units from AdSense. AdWords encourages you to use the new beta interface now. Microsoft drops Ms. Dewey, the fun and witty search character. FeedBurner stats go haywire again. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play at hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- April Fools Day & Search Industry
- April Fools Google PageRank Update
- Yahoo Search Update: March 2009
- See Google "Classic" Sitelinks In Action (One Line Sitelinks)
- AdSense Publishers Accuse Google of Taking More Per Ad Click
- Google AdSense Adds Email Preferences Details
- Google AdSense Dumps Video Ads, Saw It Coming
- Make Sure to Beta Test New Google AdWords Interface
- Microsoft Drops Ms. Dewey
- FeedBurner Subscriber Reports Bug: Major Drops In Counts