Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- 47% of Google AdSense Publishers Say 75% of Their Income Comes From Google
Last week, I ran a poll asking if Google AdSense made up most of your income. The 129 responses are in and I wanted to share them with you. It seems like 47% of those that make money will AdSense say Google makes up more than 25% of their income. 53% said Google makes up less than 25% of their income. Here is the breakdown: :: Less Than 25% of My Income said 58 respondents
- What To Do When Clients Mess Up Your Portfolio?
A HighRankings Forum thread asks a question that likely applies to most professions on the web, what does one do when a client messes up your portfolio. For example, you provide SEO copywriting services and that content is used on client X's web site. Then a few months later, the client updates the content here and there and forgets to consult you for those changes. Now, when you want to show your work to future
- Should Google Allow AdWords Day Parting Based on Searcher's Time Zone?
Last week, Yahoo announced enhancements to their search marketing platform. Part of that announcement was that they added the day parting option, giving advertisers the ability to say they want to show their ads on specific days and different times or even increase their bids at different times. The one option Yahoo has added that the other engines do not have, is that they give you the ability to specify if you would like the
- Google Issues Free Hour of AdWords API Calls Due to Glitch
Yesterday we reported that there was an Google AdWords API Usage Reporting Glitch. In short, Google wasn't telling AdWords API users how many API calls they were making, and since Google charges some advertisers for API calls, it can become an issue. Google confirmed the issue in a Google Groups thread. Jeff Posnick from AdWords API Team said the issue is now resolved but there was an hour of API call usage Google seemed to
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Wikipedia Links At The Bottom - Do They Count?, HighRankings Forums
- 5 Link Building Tips for New Websites, Sphinn
- Reader Email: Send me a copy of this email goes to Spam Folder, Google Groups
- The Beginners Guide to Qualifying a Link Prospect, Sphinn
- Why SEO is an important facet of Online Public Relations, Sphinn