Rimm-Kaufman posted data that shows how their are less people searching for products and services to buy, leading to less sales, which impacts the overall PPC budgets. Yes, all related to this global recession.
I laid out the key points in my Search Engine Land brief:
- Approximately 20% reduction in sales from search ads from last year
- Approximately 20% reduction in his costs from search ads from last year
- The average order value from search ads dropped 10% from last year
- The conversion rate from search ads seemed to remain stable from last year
- There may be more competition in the space, but hard to prove
One advertiser noticed this himself and posted a question at Google AdWords Help asking if others noticed this. The only response we have so far is from a Google representative, AdWordsPro, who wouldn't comment about what Google has seen.
Advertisers, take the anonymous poll and let us know if less people are searching and clicking on your ads.
Forum discussion at Google AdWords Help.