I am still on that quasi vacation so, this will be a text recap, instead of the video recap. Next week, I hope to resume the videos, because I know how much you guys love looking at me.
This week, I covered over twenty-five threads, the topics I found most interesting were the following. Matt Cutts discussed how Google reacts to Google Bombs. Google also is testing favorite icons to the search results. Yahoo explained why they are doing auto-optimization for some advertisers. Google has a new display URL policy, which might be a big deal for some advertisers. Google's new did you mean feature seems to be here for good. People are seeing AdSense in AOL instant messenger. Google pushes the new interface to some AdWords advertisers. Google fixes SMS search. The click fraud rate is higher. Google helps parents catch their son looking at porn. Yahoo and Google celebrate New Years. Those were the highlights this week from the Search Engine Roundtable.
- Google Bomb Defusing Has Two Algorithms
- Google Testing Site Fav Icons in Search Results?
- Yahoo Now Calling Us Liars Regarding Their Auto-Optimization of Campaigns
- Google AdWords Requiring One Domain Per Ad Group?
- Google Confirms New Display URL Policy: One Domain Per Ad Group
- Google's Enhanced "Did You Mean" Now Default
- Is AOL Testing Google AdSense Ads in Messenger?
- Google Invites More Advertisers To Test Beta AdWords Interface
- Google Finally Confirms Fixing SMS Search
- Click Fraud Rate Reaches 17.1 Percent
- Google Helps Parents Catch Son Searching For Porn
- Chinese New Year At Yahoo.com & Google's Malaysia Site