Last night, Malie of Google announced at PubCon that they have posted their internal SEO guide, the guide they use to building search engine friendly web sites within Google, to the public. You can find the SEO guide at the Google Webmaster Central Blog as a 22 page PDF document.
I wish I had time to review it, but I am at this conference and my connection is very slow. So I figured I compile the discussion around this document from the forums.
- Some feel it will end the debate on meta tags
- The 404 handling topic was useful
- Google uses the nofollow in the document
- Document is formatted well and easy to read
- Some felt Google took jabs at the SEO industry in the document
- The same people feel Google learnt tips from the SEO industry
- SEOs might send this document to their clients to save them time
- This is a major step from moving from guidelines to actual SEO tips
- Google didn't talk much or at all about links
Again, I did not read it myself, I hope to soon.