The 38th edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. In the 38th edition of the Search Pulse, Chris, Ben and I discussed several exciting topics. Yahoo and Microsoft both made major changes to their search interfaces and their search algorithms. Google turned nine years old last week, as did Ben and Danny - well they didn't turn 9, but they had birthdays. We asked the question, why does a search engine have a submission form when they really don't use it? We also discussed how search engines handle 301 redirects. This was a quick 30 minute show, so we were not able to cover everything. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz).
You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- Yahoo Search Launches Search Assist & Blended Search Results
- Microsoft Launches New Search Index & Algorithms
- Yahoo September Update Underway - Temporary Searching Issues?
- Google Turns Nine... Finally
- If Submitting to Search Engines is Useless, Why Do They Have a Submission Form?
- How long does it take to update site-wide 301 redirects in Google?
- How Has The Regionalization of Results Affected Multi-Language and Geolocation Websites?
- I'm an SEO and I Don't Give a Flying Cow What Your Site Visitors Want
- Google's Index Page Counts Like a "Rollercoaster"?
- Webmasters Report October 2007 Google SERP Changes
- Google Slow to Update Cache Data?
- Yahoo Advertisers Can Block Sites From Displaying Their Ads Soon
- The Following 123 People Built My Web Site
- Should Google Block AdWords Qualified Professional Pages?
- Some AdSense Publishers Can Get Paid After Being Banned
- Quick Ways To Get Google AdSense Approval
- The US Dollar at Near Time Low: Impact on Google AdSense Publishers
- Google Expanding YouTube & AdSense Beta Test?
- Man Who Sues Google for $5 Billion Over Social Security Number Concern
- How to Stop Googlebot from Crawling Your Site Rapidly
- Google AdSense Expands Western Union Payment Option
- ODP/DMOZ Creates Community Blog
- Google Audio Ads Reviewed by Early Adopter
- Danny Sullivan Turns 42! Happy Birthday Danny
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week on Tuesday, 5pm (EST) at WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.