SES NYC is definately the one Search Engine Strategies event to be at if you had to be at any conference this year. I usually enjoy it thoroughly, and there is an amazing amount of talented people and highly useful information presented each time. Plus, all the cool people will be there as well.
There is a thread on SEOchat, where one of the members is trying to get his boss to front the money so he can attend. His boss doesn't think its a good idea, come up with the lame excuse: "My bosses say you never learn anything from these conferences anyways". *Cough*
Lame, lame. As any regular conference goer will know there are some amazing oppourtunities and learning experiences in search marketing for your business but also some good networking and entertainment each day. Plus if you don't like networking, you can always go see a broadway show or ride to the top of a very tall building.
In order to help some of you out that "need" to convince you boss to go to Search Engine Strategies NYC or beyond. Here are some top 10 benefits for going:
- 1. Top-level Search Engine Marketing Knowledge & Updates from Industry Leaders
- 2. Great Begineer to Advanced Sessions for 4 days (lots of choices and topics available)
- 3. Cool conference swag in the exhibit hall
- 4. Networking after hours
- 5. You will come back with a ton of ideas (impress your boss)
- 6. Strengthen your resolve to do well in SEO
- 7. The Google Sandbox will not scare you after SES
- 8. Meet Matt Cutts and Annoy Him
- 9. Put a Name to the Face (meet your favorites forum friends & enemies)
- 10. Search Engine Parties!!!!