A WebmasterWorld thread has discussion around one word - the word "useful."
Netmeg said it in a thread and senior member, Whitey pulled it out into it's own thread.
All Google wants is to rank web sites that are the most useful for their users for a relevant query.
So now the thread goes through what makes a site useful or not. Here are some tips on what makes useful websites pulled from the thread but note, there are many more in the thread.
- Offer better deals than your competitors
- Give easier filtering, comparing and selections than others
- Be mobile friendly and good at it
- Give users content they can't find elsewhere
- Anticipate your users and give them what they want
- Engage your users
There are many more tips on how to make your web site useful.
Some may argue that useful is not what Google ranks.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
Image credit to BigStockPhoto for useful sign