Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Shopping In Europe, Australia & Japan Get Local Stores
Google announced they are bringing the nearby store and local availability options for Google Product Search to Europe, Australia and Japan. Google launched this in the UK late last year and in the US in March of last year. Now it is coming to Europe...
- Top Contributors Share One "Disturbing Experience" With Trip To Google
Webado, a Top Contributor from the Google Webmaster help forums posted a thread at the Google Webmaster Help forums about a "disturbing incident" they had while visiting Google.
- Yahoo's Crawler Not Listening To Robots.txt Directive?
A WebmasterWorld thread reports that Yahoo may not be fully listening to the robots.txt directive to block their spider, Yahoo Slurp. The thing is...
- Bing Uses User Search History To Adapt Your Search Results
Last week at SMX East, Bing announced Adaptive Search. It is a lot like how Google and event Bing users previous search but as an extended period of time.
- Some Of Google's Top Forum Contributors At GooglePlex
Kaspar Szymanski posted a picture of some of the Google Top Contributors posing behind the Google Map of their locations.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 9 to 10 search results from social media?, WebmasterWorld
- Mobile site is ranked above regular page, WebmasterWorld
- I am a teacher full time and an actress, commercial model and tv host. My name is being meta tagged to porn sites., Google Web Search Help
- Larry Page stops posting on Google+, posting down by 41%, WebmasterWorld