Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Results: From 10 To 7 To 4?
A couple weeks ago, we reported Google is showing only seven search results when the search query is specific enough to warrant less results. To my surprise, it seems like Google is cutting that number to only show four search results! Yes, a WebmasterWorld thread has one searcher noticing
- Interns Outranking Their Superiors
I found an interesting story of a company who had an intern who learned their business, started their own competing business and ranks in the number two position on Google for that company name...
- Google's Cutts Argues Google's Search Results More Than 18%
Alex Yumashev from Jitbit wrote a blog post named Google Search is only 18% Search. He basically is saying that only 18% of the search page, the part you can see on a normal screen resolution...
- Google Doodles For Paralympics? Nope.
There are several complaints in the Google Web Search Help forums that Google had a daily Google Doodle (aka Logo) for the London Olympics and doesn't have any logo or mention of the Paralympics at all. Some are going as far as calling this lack of action a discriminatory act...
- Chrome Logo In 10,000 LEGO Pieces
Sundar Pichai from Google posted a before and after picture of members of the Chrome team celebrating Chrome's 4th birthday by making a Chrome logo out of 10,000 pieces of LEGO. The amazing part, it
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Books on Google Play is now available in Korea:…, Google Play - Google+
- Panda's BIG Weakness ! Why sites can't recover, WebmasterWorld
- Suzanne's business needs help how to increase clic..., AdWords Community