Here is the new look:
Google actually documented the changes as:
- The Quick add function is now under the down arrow next to the Create button Calendars selected for viewing in your My calendars and Other calendars lists will no longer display with a colored background; instead, only the arrows next to them will be colored.
- The Print and Refresh buttons are now icons rather than text links. The Print button shows a printer, and the Refresh icon is a circular arrow.
- Visual indicator icons (alarm clock icon for events with reminders, person icon for events with guests, etc.) will only show when the event is hovered over.
- The My calendars and Other calendars lists on the left are now collapsed by default and may be expanded using the small gray arrow. Once expanded, they will remain expanded on refresh or open.
- The mini month view calendar under the Create button is collapsible using the small gray arrow.
- The Save and Discard buttons and Back to calendar link are only available at the top of the event page, not the bottom.
I normally do not use Google Calendar's interface, I normally access the data via iCal on my Mac or iPhone - but I can see people complaining about this.
Forum discussion at Google Blogoscoped Forums.