This week at the Search Engine Roundtable, I show screen shots of Bing actually powering Yahoo. Yes, up to 25% of Yahoo's search sessions will be powered by Bing. Google misclassified some sites as parked domains, killing their rankings. Google did a minor PageRank update. Twitter is ranking incredibly well in Google. Bing revamped their Webmaster Tools, there are pros and cons. Google totally redesigned Google Images, again, pros and cons. Google continued to test pink backgrounds for AdWords ads. Google finally restored the AdSense publisher who was hacked and out $25,000. Google Places charts and reports are delayed. Google, Microsoft and Yahoo all announced earnings this week. Half of the SEOs out there don't listen to Matt's nofollow advice. SEOs are also split on buying links from brokers or not. The logos from this week include Moon Day, Nam June Paik, Columbia Doodle, Alphonse Mucha, P.S. Kroyer and today is Hot Dog day. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Screen Shot: I Am Seeing Bing Results on Yahoo
- Searchers Seeing Bing Powered Yahoo Results
- Google Misclassifying Some Sites As Parked Domains & Booting Them From Search Results?
- Minor Google PageRank Update : July 2010
- Twitter Usernames Ranking Very Well in Google
- Bing Launches New Webmaster Tools, Drops Link Reports
- Webmasters Complain Over New Google Image Design
- More Pink Google AdWords Ads
- Google Restores Hacked & Robbed AdSense Account
- Google Places (Maps) Reports Delayed
- Google, Yahoo & Microsoft Report Earnings (GOOG, YHOO, MSFT)
- 50% Of SEOs Use Nofollows Internally & 50% Don't
- SEOs Split On Buying Links From Brokers
- Today Is Moon Day, Google's Nam June Paik & Columbia Logos
- Google's Alphonse Mucha & P.S. Kr°yer Logos & Hot Dog Day